What is a governing body?
The governing body of a school is central to overseeing the management aspect of a school. This includes:
Governors work with school leaders, and teachers to help make the school run as effectively as possible, whilst providing the best education possible to children.
How will a governors portal help?
Achieving the best results from a governing body relies heavily on communication between members, efficient management, and allowing governors to share skills from their professional lives. The implementation of a governors portal on your school website can provide a space to maximise results. Therefore making it as easy as possible to provide fantastic education to children.
That’s why here at Hive we’ve created an easy-to-use governors portal that can be accessed online by all members of the governing body. The main aims of the portal are to:
- Aid the file management and archiving of documentation, such as minutes and agendas.
- Help to communicate effectively with each other.
- Organise meeting dates and meeting documents.
- Support transparency and compliance.
- Help move towards paperless meetings.
What are the features of a governors portal?
The home page is a dashboard with links to the following features:
- Meeting Information – a document storage area for meeting agendas etc.
- Minutes – a document storage area for minutes from previous meetings.
- Governors Information – a space for information about current governors with contact details.
- Essential Reading – a document storage area for essential reading and training course information etc.
- Calendar and Events – a space to schedule meetings and other dates.
Having a Governors portal will ultimately make life a lot easier for your Governors or Trustees. With the successful use of a governors portal there is the opportunity to save time and maximise the productivity of a governing body. This in turn improves the efficiency of the school’s management and lets governors focus on ensuring the best education possible for the children in their school.
If you have any questions or would like to speak to a member of our team, please contact us.