Setting up a Vimeo account for your school gives you a simple and easy way to publish your school videos online. This allows you to embed them on your school website.
Set up your Vimeo account by following our guide below.
Here’s some handy tips to help you get started:
- Go to https://vimeo.com/ and find the Join button.
- Complete the form fields with the name of your school. An email address (we recommend using a main administration or office email address) and choose a memorable password. Click the Join with email button to create your account.
- You will be provided with options to upgrade your account and access advanced features. Unless you require these features we recommend selecting the free account option.
- You will now be asked to verify the email address associated with your account. This will require you to access the account you used to register with and click a link in an email from Vimeo.
- Your account is now live! If you are planning on providing a link to your Vimeo page to your school community so they can view your videos on Vimeo you can now access your account settings to add a profile picture (we recommend using your school logo) and write a short biography with a few details about the school. This will help your school community to identify your account correctly if there are others with a similar name.
When you are ready to upload your first video there is some helpful guidance from Vimeo here.