Firstly, to be able to keep your school website up to date it’s important that you are able to update content yourself! Because Hive create websites that can be managed via a CMS (a Content Management System), you will see these benefits below.
• The site being under your control
• Ability to update the text and images on the site yourself
• Able to keep the site up to date with the latest news and information
• You are able to access the CMS for the site from any location with an internet connection and a supported browser
• The CMS is username and password protected
• You have the flexibility to update the site content and even add pages, without the need for further external design and coding expense
The CMS system is quick and simple to use. We supply a training session (no more than an hour is necessary) and an instruction guide as standard.
Be sure to keep your school website up to date with the latest news about what’s happening in your school. Adding Latest News articles on a school website is an easy and effective way to make sure you’re always adding new content to your website – and there’s so much to write about! Whether it be about School Trips, Sports Day, Parents Evening, Weather Conditions, Before & After School Clubs… the list goes on. At Hive we usually add a News feed on the home page of a school website to engage with the parents viewing it, and to grab their attention! By updating the latest news regularly this will update the news feed on the home page and make it look visually different through the new content and images added to the articles.
Make your school Social!
You will struggle to find someone who is not using any type of social media whether that be Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Keeping your school up to date across various social networking sites will help communicate with parents without them going out of their way to look for key messages, as it will be on their own personal social media feeds! The use of social media also saves on “lost” letters on the way home and also saves on printing costs.
For more information about how you can keep your school website fresh and up to date speak with a member of our team by calling us on 0161 204 7250 or email us at [email protected]